30 March 2009

A Pace Near Madness

Dear Mandella,

My Ravelry shop is open, they've got me set for uploading PDFs and actually charging for patterns now, and I'm crazy busy with all sorts of other things so I can't get to it all that fast!

I had a migraine all day on Saturday, so I was able to get only a few things accomplished at home. Then on Sunday I went to my mom's house and started the process of skeining up some washable merino (dk weight) to dye. I have 13 skeins, each about 8 oz. I will skein them up into 26 skeins @ 4 oz each, then dye them. After that I have 10 lbs (thats 20 skeins at 8 oz each) of the Purlie Fat Sock yarn to go after in the same way.

On top of that, I worked a bit on the simple quilt that is for one of my sisters. I'm about 1/3 of the way to having it all constructed. It will be queen size (not your queen, of course -- she's far too small -- but ours, which is about 86" square).

Oh, did I hear a mention of laundry? Well, I've got most of it clean and waiting in baskets until I can run a vacuum (Hoover, to you) to pick up all of the black hair from the dog that has made a thin coating over everything. (Note to self: Black dog + beige carpeting = Lots of vacuuming.) After the vacuuming I would have some room to sort and fold all of the clean and dry laundry. (Yes, I do it on the living room carpet as I watch television -- you have to do something to make a dreary task less so.)

I may not have to put in as much time at the stationery shop this week. It means less pay over all, but also more time when I'm needing it. I'm going to try to get the yarn dyed by the end of this month.

Oh, did I mention I've been given a new task at my full-time job? It's creative -- coming up with some logos/images for promotional materials. At last! Such a dearth of activity, then the big boss comes in with two Blue Suits and needs actual work done! I'm all a-flutter.

Which likely explains why I can't sleep. At all. I've had an impossibly long day (that included a 25-minute walk, a 60-minute workout, plus a meeting at the stationery shop) and I just can't sleep.

*sigh*

Did I mention that the new cotton top I'm knitting is coming along well? I'm calling it Sweet Honey because of the Flight-of-the-Bumblebee stitch used in the center panels and also because the color is a kind of honey-beige. Or beige-y honey. I don't know. I just like it. And I've got the pattern all worked out now, so all that's left is to finish the knitting. I'm at the part where I increase again from the waist up, so I've got about 1/3 of the body knit (it's being knit in the round -- can't have side seams on this one or it will be too bulky). I slogged away at it through four episodes of The Sopranos this past weekend. If I continue knitting as I watch that series, I should be done with the knitting by the time I'm done with the entire series (I'm through Season 6, Pt 1, episode 9 so far).

In the meantime, I've got at least four other projects going and two more in my head. I need more hands.

Hugs!

Judith

No comments: