05 September 2009

School Scarves & Other Ramblings

Dear Mandella:

I've broken my self-imposed rule of No New Projects and started in on scarves for my oldest brother's two sons. It's a simple 1 x 1 rib scarf knit from Berroco's Comfort yarn. One will be Gold & Black, the other will be Red & Gold. Lest you think these are Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, you're wrong: They're University of Iowa and Iowa State University (respectively). I've got a good start on the black and gold. I'll post the pattern eventually.

In the meantime, my husband is in a huge funk. I know I emailed you that he was going through a tough time with his clinicals this past week. He came home on Friday determined to see it through at least to another week, but now he's depressed and down on himself for everything all over again. I need a forklift to get him out of this hole.

He's taken Dogbert (aka Chance) to the dog park for a few hours. I've cleaned up the few dishes in the kitchen, gone to the grocery store, emptied the garbage, and hoovered the living room. And I've answered the phone a lot today. I don't know why, but every robo-caller in the country has found our number!

We're having a House marathon on one of the cable tv channels today. They're showing about 20 episodes on the trot; tomorrow it will be a different program. I've got in on because it is better company than my husband who has retreated to the bedroom in his depression.

*sigh* This is not an easy weekend.

Judith

No comments: