22 November 2009

My Life in Projects

Socks for Ed (a Christmas present)
These are knit on US 4 from Patternworks Bretton yarn. I used the nubby stitch pattern (K all sts for 2 rounds then 1x1 rib for 1 round) I found in Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks book, then changed to 1x1 rib about an inch from the heel flap. The rest of it is worked with stockinette stitch on the bottom of the foot and 1x1 rib on top. My husband likes to wear sandals, so putting the ribbing on the top of the foot will keep that part a little warmer in the winter. I've just started the toe decreases on the first sock.

A clever and fun foray into lacy knitting.


Kashmir Mittens for me!
Knit on US 4 needles from Prism Kashmir. I'll post the pattern later.


College Scarf for a nephew.
1x1 rib, knit with Berocco Comfort.



Feather & Fan Scarf
Knit with Jojoland Ballade (black) and a Prism kid mohair (Embers, I think the colorway is called) on US 10.5 needles. I thought I'd never get this one going. It took forever to figure out the best needle size, and there's no ripping back mohair because it catches on itself.




Top-Down Cardigan
This is from a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern and worked in Cascade Pastaza Paints on US 9 needles. I added in a bit of lace because I had to break up the monotony of the stockinette stitch. This was originally for my sister Mary, but it's too heavy for her considering where she lives. I might give it to my sister in Canada.






No comments: