28 August 2009

I don't want to do anything

Dear Mandella,

I'm just past the heel turn on the pair of socks for my university-bound nephew. I'm about an inch away from starting the heel flap on a pair of socks for some man -- probably one of my brothers -- on a new pattern I've started. I have an entire chest full of UFOs and another one full of yarn that I'm dying to get started on. But I don't want to do anything.

This is the first weekend in I-don't-remember-how-long that I do not have to strip wallpaper, prep walls, paint, or move furniture. I don't quite know how to handle myself.

Oh, don't worry: There's plenty of work yet to do. It's just not as urgent as that last bit.

My DH has started his classes for this last year of work. His new study is nearly complete (we're still waiting for the repairs on his dad's old desk to be completed before we can move it into that room) and he loves it. I love that he loves it.

The guest room (finally liberated from being the guest room/DH's study) is a shambles. DH has the get the rest of his stuff out of there but can't until his dad's old desk is moved into the new study. Then we can clean it up properly, move a few things around, and relax.

I get a four-day weekend on the first weekend in September. Labor Day is the first Monday of September, and I'll get the preceeding Friday off from my full-time job. So, that will be the time to tackle some of those other things.

This weekend is for rest. Sort of.

Hugs!

Judith

1 comment:

charlotte gordon said...

Your comments on my blog always cheer me up. I come over and read your blog for comfort and it always works. I thought I should tell you. I love what kind of christian you are. BRavo! I am going to find out how I am immune to change. Thanks for the book rec.