24 February 2009

Dear Judith

Yes, it's me, your absentee blog-pal. You know, the one you spoil with care packages, phone calls and Valentines Cards that actually appear on the appointed day. The one who rewards you by never posting and hanging out at "the other place". Well, here I am, shame-faced and thankful that you have never, publicly or privately, castigated me for being missing.

This is just a quickie whilst I eat my breakfast before trudging off for another weary and challenging day at work (at least with 2 jobs you get a bit of variety). The bunny is jumping around my feet, Dave is in the shower, because if he's not ready by the time I go to work his left foot stays cold because I have to put his sock on still.

Your quilts are beautiful. I wish I had somewhere to put my sewing machine, but that will come in the fullness of time. In the meantime I trudge onwards with the everlasting baby shawl. Tonight Dave and I are going over to Mum's where she will gloat as hers is finished, bar the sewing up.

We have the builders in replacing the leaking utility room roof, which is (ick alert) sodden, mouldy and smelly. It's a good job it's going. Oh well, the work was on the list, we are just having it done earlier than planned. Dave will be off work for at least another 3 weeks, but he's doing much better. He doesn't use his crutches any more around the house, only when he goes out for his walks and physiotherapy starts next week.

All in all life isn't bad, and it's all the better for having friends.

Love,

Mandella

1 comment:

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Mandella,

I'm glad you're back. I had to ask Judith for your web site because I found myself wondering how you were when a length of time would pass and we wouldn't hear from you here.

It is great news that your husband is doing better after the surgery.

Have fun with the house deconstruction.

Hugs, Euphoria