17 July 2009

Short Tale for a Long Scarf

(Click on photos to see them larger).

Thank you, thank you, to the girls of Village Stationery! They gave me a gift card to String of Purls for my 50th birthday. I used it to purchase three skeins of Misti Alpaca (bulky) from which I knit this lovely scarf.

It's a simple 1 x 1 rib. I cast on 30 sts with a US 11 and I knit until all of the yarn was used up. Laid flat, it measures about 72" long. Hold it up to gravity and it stretches to about 86" long!

I love it! It wraps around my head and neck and it still ties!

Thank you, wonderful friends! I have a scarf that I will wear like a hug from each of you when it's cold outside!

(Yes, I know that the pictures aren't magnificent, but it's the best I could accomplish on my own!)

2 comments:

littlelixie said...

Brilliant scarf! Lix (SP Hostess)

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly look very warm! I hope you're feeling better!

~SP