20 September 2008

So much to do, so little time

Dear Judith

I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed. I phoned Dave at work yesterday and announced that we were going out to dinner last night, because I'm so fed up with the routine of work, TV, renovations. We went to the Saxon Arms and had a great dinner and actually talked to each other. We're out again tonight, but that's with a large group of friends, so doesn't count.

You can only do one thing at a time you know! Rome wasn't built in a day. Talking of building, remember this?



It now looks like this:



The plasterer has finished plastering, and most of the heating system is in. We have water again, apart from what we get from a hosepipe. Joy, oh joy, I can flush the toilet instead of emptying a bucket of water down it! The whole place is ready for decorating and we start tomorrow.

I took a break and went wandering around the garden with the camera. The beech hedge is glorious at this time of year:




This little gate in the hedge is what Dave calls the Gateway to Narnia.



It leads out onto a bridlepath which takes you straight into the fields




It's such a lovely spot, I can't wait to move. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty countryside, and I love the hedge!
dmb from AZ